CMNTY Research methods
The CMNTY platform allows you to apply various methods needed for qualitative research. What research methods there are you will find below:
- Focus groups: use the qualitative analysis tool to manage your focus groups and supervise your research projects. You improve the results with your moderation tools and automated transcription.
- In-depth interviews (IDIs): use individual interviews to find out more about people’s opinion on specific ideas or situations.
- Ethnographic research: discover your potential for product innovation with insights into behavior and interactions.
- Insight communities: interact with your participants, who (can) participate in several research projects, in a closed system environment.
- Journal: create journal to do’s, to get feedback from participants on core areas.
- Co-creation: develop new concepts, solutions, products and services together.
- In-the-moment research: collect information in the same instant that the consumer experiences the product or service.
- Concept testing: evaluate consumer feedback about a new product or idea before market launch.
- In-home user testing (ihut): have consumers test your product or service at home.
- Product and concept development: the entire process that leads up to a product, including the identification of the need, the concept and the design.
- User experience testing: determine how a website can communicate with visitors for maximum results.
- Customer journey research: discover unique opportunities based on a good understanding of customer experiences.